So, quite a somber week of news around the Valley.
I've been avoiding it, but might as well get it all out of the way.
- Coach Bruce Snyder died, as we all know. 69 is too young, and he paid for his years of service in the desert before a lot was known about UV rays.
- Some great ASU related voices sounding off on Coach Synder's career as a coach and how great of a guy he was.
- Offense is starting to look sharp in football spring drills. Sullivan looks like the 1. Gerrell Robinson has been getting some good reps. Ryan Bass has a tweaked ankle, Dmitri Nance has some undisclosed injury and Shaun DeWitty seems to be ineligible due to academics. Those freshman RBs might get more action this season than we originally thought.
- Natyazhko chooses UA.
- Josh Spence dominated WSU. 10Ks gives him double digit strikeouts in 5/8 starts.
- ESPN/Seattle Mariners prospect guru Jason A. Churchill weighs in on some ASU players.
BTW, ASUBoyd, I did see ASU last weekend.
Saw Leake at Safeco on Friday, Spence Saturday.
Leake wasnt sharp, but he's good. Better than some seem to think. Not sure I don't prefer Leake over Gibson or Oliver to be honest.
The only difference between Gibson and Leake right now is Gibson's size, which means so much less for a 21 year old college junior than for a 17-18 year old prep arm.
Spence was sitting 85-87 but threw strikes with his curve and change all day long. I think UW swung and missed 21 times when I stopped counting.
- ASU vs. UA basketball breakdown.
- A look at what each ASU QB brings to the table.
- ASU scrimmage: 1 offense/2 defense vs. 1 defense/2 offense.
- ASU's Kerry Taylor might have had the best catch of the spring.
Arizona State's Kerry Taylor Makes an Amazing Catch (via ASUAthletics)
That does it for now. Baseball recaps en route.