Slow time of year with baseball coming along, and all the other major sports on hold for the moment.
Some links for you:
- The most interesting story to me? This one here at AZC, which talks about ASU building this $22 million dollar Weatherup center to "woo top recruits and maintain top flight coaches." Senek thinks it could be worth 2 recruits a year.
Erickson has two thoughts: last spring was a disaster, not physical enough, and he loves his LBs.. Says he has the most depth and speed he has ever had. We have the senior trio - Goethel, Munns, Nixon. The sophomore trio - Aaron, Lyons, Magee. And he is not even talking about Burfict yet, who arrives in the fall - who Erickson compares to Ray Lewis who he coached at Miami. Also - the DE does not have the same depth, John Elway was at practice, and all the QBs seem to be getting reps but it says Sullivan and Szakacsy are the leaders.
- Kyle Williams looks to rebound this year. Says he is bigger, faster, and badder than ever.
- Apparently, Sullivan pretty much has the job locked up. Erickson says he has "experience" and "accuracy"... whatever, DE. I am still not down with Sullivan even if he is angry.
- Easy Valley Tribune does not think Sendek will go anywhere unless Pittsburgh comes calling.
- ASU is going after some football recruits for 2010 already.
- Ted Miller, still doing his top 30 pac-10 players (with Lawrence Guy coming it at #24) puts Dexter Davis at #13. Has a link with Dexter pegged as a probable 2nd round pick in 2010.
- ESPN updated Kyryl Natyazhko's profile - ASU is now in his top 5 schools...
So there you go, not a bad few days for ASU links. Keep 'em crossed for Natsyankajsnkz to come to ASU and maybe check out the Weatherup Center when it opens up.