Arizona State began its 2010 season on Wednesday, and there were a lot of questions.
A quick synopsis from the Arizona Republic:
- Vontaze Burfict practiced with the second team, behind Gerald Munns. Coach Dennis Erickson indicated that you shouldn't read too much into it.
- Steven Threet practiced with the first team on Wednesday, and Brock Osweiler played on the first string today.
- Jon Hargis, once thought to be down and out for the season after tearing his ACL in the spring, may actually return in 2010 after all.
- New Sun Devil JUCO transfer Michael Willie is ready to make an impact right away as one of the team's starting wide receivers.
- Something to look forward to, according to Ted Miller:
Breaking out: Brandon Magee and Shelly Lyons will flank Burfict at linebacker and give the Sun Devils an athletic threesome. Oregon transfer Aaron Pflugrad should give the receiving corps a boost. CB Omar Bolden is back after missing most of 2009 and he looked good during spring drills.