My debut preview in the ASU men's basketball section...exciting!
Anyhow, here it is:
And here are the following things I'll talk about... after the jump!
- Last season's Trojans that made the NCAA Tournament
- This season's roster with the loss of Vucevic, Stephenson, Simmons and Fontan (via injury)
- Season so far: 5-10 in a rough schedule.
- Style of play on both ends of the floor (NBA offense, great defense)
- Stategies on both ends of the floor, like
a) Crashing the glass, to allow for 2nd chances and a fast break counterattack
b) Pushing the ball: SC won't have the horses to compete in a transition game.
c) Take the 3; that's the only thing opponents shot well (34 something percent).
d) If possible, force USC to be in foul trouble.
e) Avoid Turnovers. Duh.
- Some things to look for
a) How Keala King and Trent Lockett play in the game; they are the leading scorers (esp. Lockett, who is not doing well, probably because of the fatigue)
b) How Felix and Cain, Pateev and Jordan B contribute outside of ASU's core twosome.
Anyhow. GOOOO DEVS!