A statistical look at Thursday's game shows each team with a decisive advantage on one side of the ball
But those aren't the only figures that will factor in prominently into this week's results. Below are the major team statistics for both squads and how they match up head-to-head.
Taking a look at the chart, a few things jump out:
- Oregon has the advantage in most every offensive category, to very little surprise.
- The Sun Devils, however, have a big advantage in the defensive categories.
- The nation's second-highest scoring team is facing the ninth-stingiest defense. Something has to give.
- Can ASU's 38th ranked rush defense slow down the nation's fourth-best ground attack?
- How can a kickoff return unit that has De'Anthony Thomas rank 120th out of 124 FBS teams?
Thanks to our friends at Ralphie Report for the inspiration for this feature (and HTML code).