But those aren't the only figures that will factor in prominently into this week's results. Below are the major team statistics for both squads and how they match up head-to-head.
Taking a look at the chart, a few things jump out:
- Oregon has the advantage in most every offensive category, to very little surprise.
- The Sun Devils, however, have a big advantage in the defensive categories.
- The nation's second-highest scoring team is facing the ninth-stingiest defense. Something has to give.
- Can ASU's 38th ranked rush defense slow down the nation's fourth-best ground attack?
- How can a kickoff return unit that has De'Anthony Thomas rank 120th out of 124 FBS teams?
Thanks to our friends at Ralphie Report for the inspiration for this feature (and HTML code).