Kenjon Barner vs ASU - Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE
Oregon and Oregon State maintain their stranglehold on the Pac-12 Power Rankings.
Here we are again. Time for another round of Pac-12 Power Rankings, brought to you by High Octane: Left Lane, Hammer Down.
1. Oregon Ducks (7-0, 4-0 Pac-12 conference play)
2. Oregon State Beavers (6-0, 4-0 Pac-12 conference play)
OSU looked mortal last night, squeaking out a 21-7 win over middling Utah at home. This team could be in for an upset over the next few weeks, as they face Washington, Arizona State and Stanford in a moderately tough stretch.
3. USC Trojans (6-1, 4-1 Pac-12 conference play)
USC played a glorified scrimmage against Colorado, moving up a slot based on ASU's putrid performance. USC is still the dark horse of the conference.
4. Stanford Cardinal (5-2, 3-1 Pac-12 conference play)
Beating California soundly was a great move for the Cardinal, who are quietly putting together a respectable campaign in the post-Andrew Luck era.
5. UCLA Bruins (5-2, 2-2 Pac-12 conference play)
UCLA got a bye week, and they move ahead of Arizona State in the process. This could change quickly, as the Bruins head to Tempe for a Saturday afternoon battle against the Sun Devils in a game that has huge South division implications.
6. Arizona State Sun Devils (5-2, 3-1 Pac-12 conference play)
ASU lost Will Sutton on the second play of the game against Oregon and were steamrolled. Now that Sutton is deemed to be 'week-to-week' with a knee injury, the Devils must look to UCLA as a milestone game. A loss here means the South is out of reach.
7. Arizona Wildcats (4-3, 1-3 Pac-12 conference play)
Arizona put the wood to the Huskies down in Tucson. The offensive attack that Rich Rodriguez is noted for came through against the porous Washington defense.
8. Washington Huskies (3-4, 1-3 Pac-12 conference play)
Not a good effort on the road. Washington has regressed a great deal since 2011, which is a huge disappointment for Steve Sarkisian.
9. California Golden Bears (3-5, 2-3 Pac-12 conference play)
Another week, another loss for the Bears. Jeff Tedford's job is in the balance over the next few weeks.
10. Washington State Cougars (2-5, 0-4 Pac-12 conference play)
A bye week, mercifully. It will be interesting to see what Mike Leach cooks up during the extra time off.
11. Utah Utes (2-5, 0-4 Pac-12 conference play)
Utah put up a good, spirited fight in Corvallis against Oregon State. They are bound to sneak out a win against a favored opponent at some point during November.
12. Colorado Buffaloes (1-6, 1-3 Pac-12 conference play)
There's nothing good to add here.