Rick Scuteri-USA TODAY Sports
Your weekly look at Arizona State's basketball program from an RPI standpoint. This week? 32nd overall.
We're starting a new feature here at House of Sparky. Each week, we'll break down Arizona State's basketball performance from an RPI standpoint and keep you up to date on how our previous opponents have played this season.
What exactly is RPI? It's what the selection committee looks at in March to help determine who meets the criteria for entry into the NCAA Tournament. Quality wins, strength of schedule, and quality of opponents are the determining factors.
Playing Creighton was a huge boost to the 2012-13 schedule and will pay benefits for a young team learning how to play together throughout the season.
Overall Record = 8-1
Pac-12 Record = 0-0
Home Record = 7-0
Away Record = 0-0
Neutral Record = 1-1
Top 50 Record = 0-1
RPI = 32
SOS = 90
Signature Wins (RPI 1-30) = None
Quality Wins (RPI 31-100) = vs. Cal State Northridge (75)
Bad Losses (RPI 101 or greater) = None
- Central Arkansas (3-3, 0-0 Southland) | RPI = 204
- Florida A&M (2-6, 1-0 MEAC) | RPI = 334
- Cornell (4-5, 0-0 Ivy) | RPI = 226
- Arkansas (4-4, 0-0 SEC) | RPI = 105
- Creighton (9-1, 0-0 MVC) | RPI = 24
- Arkansas Pine Bluff (1-8, 0-0 SWAC) | RPI = 246
- Sacramento State (3-3, 0-0 Big Sky) | RPI = 144
- Hartford (5-4, 0-0 America East) | RPI = 124
- Cal State Northridge (6-3, 0-0 Big West) | RPI = 75