The time has come to honor Pat Tillman once again at Pat's Run. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
We're less than 24 hours away from the 8th annual Pat's Run, and House Of Sparky is here to help with your Pat's Run primer.
WHAT: Pat's Run is a 4.2 mile race that benefits the Pat Tillman Foundation, with a memorable finish line on the 42-yard line of Sun Devil Stadium.
WHERE: Pat's Run starts on Packard Drive in between Sun Devil Stadium and Packard Stadium.
WHEN: The Finish Line Expo opens up at 6:00 AM Saturday morning, with the run/walk starting right at 7:05 AM. The children's .42 mile fun run starts at 9:30 AM.
PACKET PICKUP: If you're participating in the race tomorrow, you need to hurry over to Sun Devil Stadium's north end to pick up your packet before 6:00 PM Friday evening. There is no packet pickup on Saturday morning. This year, they are giving out red technical tees.
STREET CLOSURES: A lot of Tempe roads will be closed for this event. Here is the full list of closures from the City of Tempe's website:
• Packard Dr. will be closed in both directions between 6th St. and Rio Salado Pkwy.
• 6th St will be closed in both directions between Rural Rd. and Packard Dr.
• Rio Salado Pkwy. will be closed in both directions between Rural Rd. and Mill Ave.
• Mill Ave. northbound will be closed between Rio Salado Pkwy. and Washington St./Curry Rd.
• Curry Rd. eastbound will be closed between Mill and College avenues.
• Lakeview Dr. will be closed at Curry Rd.
• College Ave. will be closed southbound between Curry Rd. and Gilbert Dr.
• Gilbert Dr. eastbound will be closed between College Ave. and Scottsdale Rd.
• Scottsdale Rd/Rural Rd. will be closed southbound between Gilbert Dr. and 6th St.
• SR202 eastbound off-ramp will be closed at Scottsdale Rd.
• SR202 westbound off-ramp will be restricted to northbound traffic only at Scottsdale Rd.
Take it from a seasoned Pat's Run participant: get to ASU nice and early to avoid a huge headache on Saturday morning.
OTHER EVENTS: April 21 is turning into a Sun Devil Fiesta of sorts, as several other events are lined up. First, you have the ASU football spring game, which will take place at 1:00 PM in Sun Devil Stadium. There is no charge for admission. At 2:30, DieHardDevil is hosting a party at Rula Bula on Mill Avenue and it should be a lot of fun. House Of Sparky will be there.
Remember, we'll be around after Pat's Run to film people who volunteer to talk to us briefly about their experience at Pat's Run and about Pat Tillman himself. If you see a couple of guys with cameras, feel free to say hello!