Saturday, April 20th, 2013; 9 AM EST (This is to "shadow" the start in Tempe, AZ). Please arrive by 8:45AM so we can start at 9AM.
We will be meeting at the George Mason Memorial on the south side of the Tidal Basin. A map can be found here.
We will start running just across the bridge on Ohio Drive and run up the Rock Creek trail, then back to the starting point.
Do I need to register?
Yes, please register for the Shadow Run here, follow these simple steps:
1) Click on green REGISTER NOW box
2) Login using existing Active Username and Password, or create new user
3) Select "Register for a Shadow Run - Adults 4.2 Mile Walk/Run" OR "Register for a Shadow Run - Kids (12 & under) 4.2 Mile Walk/Run"
4) Select Washington, DC from the drop down list (do not create a new team)
5) Complete the registration process by entering payment information and agreeing to the event liability waivers
Can I help?
If you are interested in volunteering, please email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need a few volunteers to help time the runners, hand out beverages, stand post at the turn(s), etc.
There is parking in the area on Ohio Drive (there is a parking lot and street parking), but it is first-come, first-serve so we encourage you to carpool where possible and understand that it is a park open to the public and we are not the only people there.
Too early to tell... hoping for sunshine! The event will go on rain or shine.
How does this whole this work?
Everyone is welcome to run and eat with us! You should receive your Pat's Run shirt in the mail the week of the run (if you registered online), show up to the George Mason Memorial at 8:45 (see map for location and we will mark it day-of), run/walk/skip/push a stroller/otherwise move yourself 4.2 miles and then relax with others.
How to make a donation:
If you would like to make a donation, please visit the Pat Tillman Foundation website and follow the instructions. You can also indicate when you register that you would like to raise funds.
For more information, contact Matt Cicinelli at email@example.com.