The Odds: Arizona State (-12.5), Washington State (+12.5), Over/Under: 71.5
The Breakdown: The stage is set for a trap game in Pullman on Thursday night. Arizona State looks to be one of the best home teams in the nation in 2013, but their record on the road is 0-2, with losses against Stanford and Notre Dame. While losing in Palo Alto is not a surprise, ASU was favored by 6.5 to defeat the Fighting Irish in Dallas. Instead, an error-prone game turned into a loss for the Sun Devils.
Arizona State will have to learn how to play resilient football in an adverse environment. The game is on Halloween night on national television, and the weather forecast calls for it to be pretty cold. For young college athletes, traveling to Pullman is quite an ordeal, and a lot of factors go against the road team in this matchup.
That's not to say the Sun Devils aren't the more talented team -- there is no doubt of that. As we discussed yesterday, ASU needs to overcome its road woes more than anything else.
In their last ten games, ASU has defeated Wazzu eight times. The last two times Washington State has won have been in Pullman (2003 and 2011). They are both 5-5 against the spread against each other since 2003. All stats and odds are provided by OddsShark.
- Arizona State is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Arizona State is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Arizona State's last 9 games
- Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Arizona State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona State's last 6 games on the road
- Washington State is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Washington State is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington State's last 6 games
- Washington State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Washington State is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington State's last 6 games at home
- Arizona State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Washington State
- Arizona State is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Washington State
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona State's last 6 games when playing Washington State
- Arizona State is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Washington State
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona State's last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington State