The Odds: Arizona State (+4), UCLA (-4), Over/Under: 60.5
The Breakdown: The battle between Arizona State and UCLA should be a good one, as both teams are ranked in the top 15 in all respected polls. A Thursday night game in Tempe, the Sun Devils have chosen this game to be their annual 'blackout' game, and NFL scouts have flooded the town to take stock of the excellent prospects on both teams.
ASU faces an exceptional challenge after the loss of their starting quarterback, Taylor Kelly. This game will be Michael Bercovici's first career start, and while he is experienced in Mike Norvell's offense, changes have been made to accommodate his style of play. While Kelly is mobile and can outrun defenders, Bercovici is a more traditional pocket passer. The consensus is that his arm is stronger than Kelly's, a trait that ASU can benefit from.
Questions about the health of UCLA's quarterback, Brett Hundley, have largely been squashed, as both coaches expect the signal-caller to play tonight.
Now, lets get to the analysis of the betting line.
All stats and odds are provided by OddsShark.
Terminology guide: ATS = against the spread. SU = straight up. OVER and UNDER refer to the total amount of points scored in the game compared to the line.
- Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona State is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona State's last 5 games
- Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Arizona State is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games at home
- UCLA is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- UCLA is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- UCLA is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- UCLA is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of UCLA's last 5 games on the road
- Arizona State is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games when playing UCLA
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona State's last 5 games when playing UCLA
- Arizona State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against UCLA