The Odds: Arizona State (-25), New Mexico (+25), Over/Under: 68.5
The Breakdown: Arizona State is looking to build on their efficient win against Weber State with a road contest against the New Mexico Lobos. UNM surprisingly lost a home game to UTEP last weekend, but don't take them lightly - New Mexico runs the triple option and can take advantage of a young team's defensive lapses. ASU's defense is a lot less experienced than the team that beat up on Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in 2012.
Arizona State's defense will have to learn how to play resilient football in an adverse environment. Any road game can be a minefield (see Arizona's near-loss to UTSA last night), but this game represents an opportunity to soundly win a game on the road and prepare for the tough schedule ahead.
Now, lets get to the analysis of the betting line.
All stats and odds are provided by OddsShark.
Terminology guide: ATS = against the spread. SU = straight up. OVER and UNDER refer to the total amount of points scored in the game compared to the line.
- Arizona State is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Arizona State is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona State's last 7 games
- Arizona State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona State's last 6 games on the road
- New Mexico is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of New Mexico's last 12 games
- New Mexico is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- New Mexico is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Mexico's last 6 games at home