More details regarding Arizona State's 2015-16 basketball schedule are starting to unravel.
Nearly three weeks after ASU's 2015 nonconference schedule was finalized, the Pac-12 announced some of the weekend pairings for the 2015-16 conference slate.
Here are ASU's scheduled home pairings:
- vs. Arizona — Dec. 30 - Jan. 2
- vs. Washington and Washington State — Jan. 13-17
- vs. Oregon and Oregon State — Jan. 27-31
- vs. UCLA and USC — Feb. 11-14
- vs. Stanford and Cal — March 2-5
Specifics dates, times and broadcast information should be released later in the summer.
Some quick notes about the schedule:
- Notably missing from the 2015-16 home schedule are Utah and Colorado. Arizona State will play both just once at their respective home courts, which are arguably the toughest in the conference excluding Arizona.
- Tempe will be the site of the first ASU-Arizona matchup of the season on New Year's weekend. Since 2011, the two would usually first meet in Tucson in early January and then play in Tempe on Valentine's Day weekend and sometimes as late as the first week of March. The Arizona Daily Star is reporting ASU will visit Arizona between Feb. 18-21.
- It appears ASU will host only three teams that made the NCAA Tournament last year (Arizona, Oregon and UCLA), but could play up to seven away from Tempe in the regular season alone (Kentucky, Belmont, St. John's, Arizona, Oregon, UCLA and Utah).