The Arizona State Sun Devils held practice ahead of their visit to Washington at the Kajikawa Practice Fields on Wednesday. The team stretched, then worked through tackle, individual, and takeaway drills in front of media.
Here’s notes and observations from today’s session:
Linebacker Malik Lawal, defensive linemen George Lea (left knee) and Emanuel Dayries, defensive back James Johnson (left knee), and wide receiver Cameron Smith were spotted at Muscle Beach this morning.
Offensive lineman Sam Jones and defensive end Christian Hill left the practice field to head inside the Verde Dickey Dome during drills.
Jalen Harvey not at practice
The receiver wasn’t in attendance today after being limited Tuesday.
Jones and Cade Cote (left arm in sling) were off to the side during stretches. Stephon McCray has his right ankle taped and Zach Robertson sported tape over his left ankle.
The senior linebacker wore a brace over his left knee.
Full-Team Offensive Drills
Each group worked through one scripted series facing no defense.
Manny Wilkins (QB); Kalen Ballage (RB); N’Keal Harry (WR), Tim White (WR, outside), Fred Gammage (WR, slot), Jay Jay Wilson (TE); Evan Goodman (LT), Steven Miller (LG), AJ McCollum (C), Quinn Bailey (RG), Zach Robertson (RT)
- Wilkins complete slant Gammage
- Inside run Ballage
- Inside run Ballage
- Wilkins incomplete Wilson
- Wilkins complete Harry, TD
Dillon Sterling-Cole (QB); Nick Ralston (RB); Terrell Chatman (WR), Ellis Jefferson (WR), Kyle Williams (WR, slot), Raymond Epps (TE); Cohl Cabral (LT), Stephon McCray (LG), Tyler McClure (C), Alex Losoya (RG), Mason Walter (RT)
- Sterling-Cole complete slant Williams
- Sterling-Cole complete screen Chatman
- Inside run Ralston
- Sterling-Cole complete Jefferson, TD
Jack Smith directed the unit, which featured receiver Ryan Jenkins.
NFL at Practice
- The New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys had scouts viewing today’s session.
- ASU athletic director Ray Anderson was in attendance.
- Seniors Laiu Moeakiola and Edmond Boateng had some fun with student media before practice. Following Fiso off the bus, who had an apparent limp, Moeakiola and Boateng then began pretending to limp, holding onto one another while walking up to the field, before laughing at the joke as they passed. No, neither player is injured.