The Sun Devils opened their Tuesday practice session at the Kajikawa Practice Fields outside of the Verde Dickey Dome. The team spent two periods outside prior to moving inside the facility.
Media was permitted to view two periods, with the first focused on takeaway drills, followed by full-team two-minute drills and Oklahoma drills.
Three sets of teams took the field for two-minute drills, with two working simultaneously on separate fields. Drives began on the offense’s own 35-yard line.
Brady White (QB), Demario Richard (RB); Ellis Jefferson (WR), Cameron Smith (WR), Tim White (slot), Kody Kohl (TE, slot); Evan Goodman (LT), Sam Jones (LG), Stephon McCray (C), Quinn Bailey (RG), Zach Robertson (RT)
George Lea, Tashon Smallwood, JoJo Wicker; Christian Sam, Koron Crump, D.J. Calhoun; Maurice Chandler (slot), Bryson Echols (field corner), Kareem Orr (boundary corner), J’Marcus Rhodes (field safety), Chad Adams (bandit safety)
- White incomplete (Chandler deflection)
- White complete, underneath to Richard
- White incomplete to Richard
- White complete short in flat to Kohl
- White incomplete deep Jefferson (drop)
- White complete White 25-yd TD
Manny Wilkins (QB), Kalen Ballage (RB); N’Keal Harry (WR), Fred Gammage (WR, slot), Jalen Harvey (WR), Raymond Epps (TE, slot); Steven Miller (LT), Alex Losoya (LG), A.J. McCollum (C), Cohl Cabral (RG), Zach Robertson (RT)
George Lea, Tramel Topps, Renell Wren; Malik Lawal, Deion Guinard, A.J. Latu; Robbie Robinson (field corner), Chase Lucas (boundary corner), Armand Perry (field safety), Eric Lauderdale (boundary safety)
- Wilkins incomplete
- Wilkins complete in flat
- Wilkins complete in flat
- Wilkins 10-yard rush
- Wilkins complete Ballage flat
- Wilkins complete Ballage swing
- Wilkins complete Epps flat
- Wilkins complete Harvey 11-yd TD
He pushed off, but nice snag by Jalen Harvey for the TD. pic.twitter.com/ts5Ot83HwD— Kaelen Jones (@kaelenjones) August 16, 2016
- McCollum and Wilkins appeared to have snapping issues; McCollum was just recently allowed to play
- Dillon Sterling-Cole worked with the third-team unit on a separate field. His group worked simultaneously to groups on the main field.
Players in Green
Offensive linemen Tyson Rising and Marshal Nathe, linebacker Khaylan Thomas, defensive back Marcus Ball (right foot in boot), and long-snapper Mitchell Frabroni.
James Johnson worked inside the facility and Salamo Fiso showed up to practice in a sweater and shorts just prior to the team moving inside.
NFL at Practice
The Philadelphia Eagles had a scout attending today’s practice.
Defensive back Chase Lucas forced the session’s lone turnover, when he stripped Harvey.