Arizona State continued its prep for its matchup against Texas Tech on Thursday. Media viewed stretching and 11-on-11 two-minute drill in which ASU showed an altered nickel package on defense.
Manny Wilkins (QB), Kalen Ballage (RB), Jalen Harvey (WR, outside), N’Keal Harry (WR, outside), Tim White (WR, slot), Kody Kohl (TE), Quinn Bailey (RT), Stephon McCray (RG), A.J. McCollum (C), Sam Jones (RG), and Evan Goodman (LT).
JoJo Wicker (end), Tashon Smallwood (3-tech), Ami Latu (nose), Koron Crump (Devil), Laiu Moeakiola (Spur), DJ Calhoun (Sam) Armand Perry (field safety), Chad Adams (bandit safety), Kareem Orr (boundary corner), Gump Hayes (field corner), Tyler Whiley (nickel).
- Renell Wren came in for Tashon Smallwood on a couple of plays.
- AJ Latu came in for Crump at Devil
The series went as follows:
- Wilkins completion to the right sideline to Harvey.
- Wilkins completion again to Harvey on the right side.
- Incomplete pass to Kody Kohl up the middle.
- Manny Wilkins rush up the middle for a medium gain, AJ Latu stunted around Wren and was picked up, leaving a big hole up the middle.
- The offense spiked the ball and Zane Gonzalez converted a field goal.
Moeakiola appeared to moving well in stretches and the two-minute drill. It was interesting to see him working back at SPUR with Chad Adams at bandit safety. With Marcus Ball out for the first half after his targeting penalty, that leaves a hole at SPUR.
Salamo Fiso went through stretching and was moving normally. Graham hasn’t said anything about Fiso’s availability going into Saturday.
Christian Sam was in full pads and didn’t have any tape on his ankle, but he walked through stretching before going to Muscle Beach as he has done the last two days of practice.
Graham said after practice that Sam is “doubtful” for Saturday.