The breakdown: In short, Washington doesn’t play around. The Husky defense has not allowed more than 16 points in a game this season. That being said, ASU is probably the best team Washington will have faced through seven games after opening with what appears to be the three worst teams in the conference.
Coming off their bye week, the Sun Devils look to get back to .500 against the visiting Huskies. All three of ASU’s losses so far this season have been to teams currently ranked in the AP Poll.
ASU has already knocked off one Top 25 team when then-No. 24 Oregon visited Sun Devil Stadium and it will take as good, if not a better effort against the Huskies to pull a similar feat Saturday.
Here’s how Vegas has broken down the matchup:
The odds: Washington (-17.5), ASU win (+645), Washington win (-850), Over/Under 57
ARIZONA STATE (2-2-1 ATS)
- Arizona State is 9-3 against the spread in its last 12 games at home
- Arizona State has won six straight games over Washington at Sun Devil Stadium
- Arizona State is 16-6 in its last 22 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in four of Arizona State's last five games
- The total has gone UNDER in four of Arizona State's last six games at home
WASHINGTON (4-2 ATS)
- Washington is 4-2 against the spread in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in each of Washington's last five games on the road
- Washington is 10-1 in its last 11 games on the road
- Washington is 0-5 ATS in its last five games when playing Arizona State
- The total has gone UNDER in five of Washington's last six games when playing Arizona State
- The lower caliber of opponents could lead to the Sun Devils keeping this one closer than expected. According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, ASU is the best team the Huskies have played, edging out Colorado.
- It’s hard to go on the road and win in college football, and ASU does its part to keep that true in Tempe. ASU has covered the spread in nine of its last 12 home games, going 8-4 in the process.
Note: For entertainment purposes only.