The breakdown: The Arizona State Sun Devils (5-5, 4-3 Pac-12) travel to Corvallis Saturday to take on the Oregon State Beavers (1-9, 0-7) in their second attempt to become bowl eligible in 2017.
Coming off a loss at the Rose Bowl a week ago, the Sun Devils face what is, on paper, their easiest task of the season. Oregon State’s lone win of the season came by a field goal at home against Portland State.
But that shouldn’t matter to ASU, which has a less-than-stellar history at Reser Stadium. Despite holding a 27-13-1 edge in the series, the Sun Devils haven’t won at Oregon State since 2005.
Behind the running back duo of junior Ryan Nall and senior Thomas Tyner, the Beavers will likely try to establish the run in blustery Corvallis, making the heat-accustomed Sun Devil offense wait it out on the sideline. Anything can happen in the Pac-12, especially on a senior day.
Let’s take a look at how Vegas views the matchup:
The odds: Arizona State (-7), ASU win (-275), Oregon State win (+245), Over/Under 59
ARIZONA STATE (5-4-1 ATS)
- Arizona State is 1-8 in its last 9 games on the road
- Arizona State is 5-11-1 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in seven of Arizona State's last 10 games when playing Oregon State
- Arizona State is 0-5 ATS in its last five games when playing Oregon State
- Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oregon State
OREGON STATE (3-6-1 ATS)
- The total has gone OVER in seven of Oregon State's last 10 games
- Oregon State is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Oregon State is 5-2 in its last seven games when playing Arizona State
- Oregon State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Arizona State
- The total has gone OVER in six of Oregon State’s last seven games when playing at home against Arizona State
Note: For entertainment purposes only.