TEMPE, Ariz. — The Arizona State Sun Devils completed their 14th practice session of the spring Wednesday morning at Sun Devil Stadium.
ASU’s spring festivities will conclude follwoing its spring game which is scheduled to be played Saturday at 2 p.m. inside Sun Devil Stadium. The event will be open to the public and will also air on live television via the Pac-12 Network.
Below, you can watch head coach Todd Graham’s final comments before the game.
Todd Graham on #ASU's final practice ahead of Saturday's spring game.Posted by House of Sparky on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- The key factor in this year’s quarterback battle is the starter’s ability to affect his teammates. Graham said he’s “looking for the next Taylor Kelly.”
- Quarterback Blake Barnett had his best practice of the spring on Wednesday, per Graham. His analysis was offered with the caveat that Barnett must beat out returning starter Manny Wilkins.
- Graham spoke favorably of former ASU QB Danny White, who is serving on staff as a consultant. Graham used to watch White play when he was a member of the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wide receiver Jalen Harvey had a “spectacular” day. (Although, Graham said his wife would prefer he not use that word to describe things.)
- Several players will not be active during Saturday’s spring game, including QBs Bryce Perkins and Brady White, safety Marcus Ball, defensive lineman Jalen Bates, and wide reciever Cameron Smith.
- Fans will be able to call plays during the scrimmage Saturday.
- Oakland Raiders running back Jalen Richard was at Wednesday’s practice, and spoke with ASU RBs Kalen Ballage and Demario Richard afterwards. Richard played under Sun Devils RB coach John Simon at Southern Miss, and is in the area working out with Arizona Cardinals center A.Q. Shipley.