From Uppsala, Sweden to Tempe, Ariz., Per-Ulrik Johansson made the 5,330 mile trip to become a Sun Devil. And at Arizona State, he shined.
Let’s see how well he performed in maroon and gold and as a professional.
Time at ASU
- Earned the 1987 Leven Gold Medal (Scotland)
- Won the 1989 Scandinavian Open
- Won the 1990 NCAA Championship.
Time in the Pros
Johansson has captured six PGA Tour wins and finished a career best 97th place in the Tour in 2001. In 1991, he was titled the Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year.
As the first Swedish golfer to do so, Johansson won the
All six of Johansson’s PGA Tour wins have came in Europe over the span of sixteen years.
- 1991: Won the Renault Belgian Open in playoff.
- 1994: Won the Chemapol Trophy Czech Open by three strokes.
- 1996: Won the Smurfit European Open by one stroke.
- 1997: Won the Alamo English Open by six strokes.
- 1997: Won the Smurfit European Open for a second time by six strokes.
- 2007: Won The Russian Open Golf Championship by six strokes.