The Arizona State Sun Devils hit the Kajikawa Practice Fields for their 10th spring practice of the 2018 season under head coach Herm Edwards in full pads and helmets Tuesday morning.
Last practice: Friday, March 30
Next practice: Thursday, April 5 (9:30 a.m.)
Music: O Let’s Do It (Wacka Flacka), Can’t Tell Me Nothing (Kanye West)
Mason Walter, Ceejhay French-Love, Koron Crump and DeMonte King exited practice early, entering the bubble. George Lea exited about 15 minutes following the first four’s departure, and K.J. Jarrell left moments before 11-on-11 drills.
What else we learned
- Former ASU linebackers D.J. Calhoun and Christian Sam walked into the Dickey Dome to perform a practice with the Detroit Lions.
- Ryan Newsome was the lone man to return punts at Tuesday’s practice. In one series practicing punts, N’Keal Harry got tied up with Cody French on the floor. The two began pushing each other, before coaches broke them up. Jay Jay Wilson then slapped Harry’s helmet.
- Joey Bryant, who is on his way back from an ACL injury, did not participate in special teams coverage drills like he did once last week.
1. Wilkins hits Terrell Chatman on a slant to the inside for about 15 yards. 2. Kyle Williams then catches a slant from the opposite side, splits through the defense and scores. 3. 10-yard out route caught by Frank Darby, then tackled. 4. Incomplete screen to Chatman. 5. Quick pass to Trelon Smith for a short gain. 6. Pass from Wilkins is tipped off the hands of Chatman and intercepted by Evan Fields.
- Mark “Goose” Cosgrove runs for a short gain. 2. Barnett rolls out and hits Brandon Lamarche for a few yards. 3. Cosgrove runs up the middle into the line.
- A deep pass thrown to Trevor Russell is incomplete. Sterling-Cole incompletes a pass to Lamarche, before he hands it off to him for a short gain.
N’Keal Harry touchdown
Two-minute drill action. Manny Wilkins overthrows N’Keal at the end on a home run ball. pic.twitter.com/cZD5h9aNTw— House of Sparky (@HouseOfSparky) April 3, 2018
QB: Manny Wilkins
RB: Eno Benjamin/Trelon Smith
WR: Kyle Williams, N’Keal Harry, Terrell Chatman
TE: Tommy Hudson/Jared Bubak
OL: Tyson Rising (LT), Alex Losoya (LG), Cohl Cabral (C), Steven Miller (RG), Quinn Bailey (RT)
QB: Blake Barnett
RB: Mark ‘Goose” Cosgrove
WR: Trevor Russell, Daniel Sanders-Effiong, Frank Darby
TE: Mark Walton/Kyle Remo
OL: Mason Schell (LT), Corey Stephens (LG), Jonathan Sanchez (C), Cade Cote (RG), Kyle Jones (RT)
DL: Renell Wren, Jalen Bates, Shannon Forman
LB: Malik Lawal, Nick Ralston, Khaylan Thomas/Jay Jay Wilson
Tillman: Evan Fields
CB: Chase Lucas, Kobe Williams
Safety: Langston Frederick, Jalen Harvey
DL: Dougladson Subtyl, Jordan Hoyt, Darius Slade
LB: Duke Ochuko/Kyle Jones, Loren Mondy/#54, Anthony Nicastro
Tillman: Tyler Whiley
CB: Darien Cornay, Terin Adams
Safety: Caleb McShanag, Dominique Harrison