Stay tuned on this page for game updates and analysis from Arizona State against No. 13 Utah. We encourage you to post your thoughts in the comment section while you watch Saturday’s contest. Your comments can be questions, concerns excitement, GIFs, or just general thoughts about Arizona State or Utah. Please keep it civil, folks.
Where: Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
Watch: 7:30 pm (AZ time) on ESPN2.
Listen: 98.7 FM
- Final 34-13 Utah.
There's a clear formula to defend ASU's passing game: man-up on the receivers, blitz Jones and make him throw the one-on-one ball.— Kevin Redfern (@KevinMRedfern13) September 25, 2022
This time, it ends in his second interception of the game.
- Utah settles for a field goal after the ASU turnover. The air has been sucked out of Sun Devil Stadium. 34-6 Utah.
- Elijah Badger fumbles the ball away, then commits a personal foul penalty. That’s his second extracurricular penalty in as many weeks.
- The Sun Devils cannot manage anything efficient on offense, and punt. Utah drives down, but is stopped on fourth-down inside the ASU 10. The score remains the same.
- Utah marches down, converts a fourth-down try, and scores on a jet sweep. 31-6 Utah
- ASU goes for it on fourth-and-short, but to no avail.
- Pass from Rising to Solomon Eris goes through his hands and is picked off by Timarcus Davis. ASU gets the ball on its own 48.
- Sun Devils go three-and-out. Eddie Czaplicki punts to the Utah 27.
- ASU will start with the ball on its own 25.
- A good return from Javen Jacobs and an off-schedule connection from Jones to Jalin Conyers sets up a 47-yard field goal from Carter Brown, which he makes. 24-6 Utah at the half.
- Utah runs the clock down until there is 43 seconds remaining and punches in a short run. 24-3 Utah.
- Ngata takes the kickoff back to the Utah 42-yard line, and ASU gets three on a field goal from Carter Brown. 17-3 Utah
- Emory Jones throws his first interception of the year to Clark Phillips. Utah takes advantage of the short field, but settles for a field goal inside the ASU 10. 17-0 Utah
- Utah false starts on fourth-and-short, and punts to the Sun Devil 13.
- ASU picks up a first down, but punts to the Utah 28. Jones was sacked for the third time.
- Utah scores on a wild fourth-down conversion, another touchdown pass to Kincaid. 14-0 Utah.
- ASU’s first first-down of the game is negated by an offensive pass interference by Andre Johnson. They punt to the Utah 30.
- Utah gets a short field that is made even smaller by a late-hit penalty on Timarcus Davis. Cameron Rising finds Dalton Kincaid for a 29-yard touchdown. 7-0 Utah
- Emory Jones gets a pass batted and takes two sacks. ASU punts to midfield.
- Utah punts after picking up one first down. Good plays by Kyle Soelle and Timarcus Davis. ASU will start on its own 23-yard line. D.J. Taylor was shaken up on the punt.
- No surprises on defense after the warmup starters. Same crew.
- ASU wins the toss, elects to defer to the second half. They will play defense first.
ASU first-team defense in warmups:— SunDevilSource.com (@SunDevilSource) September 25, 2022
DL: Joe Moore, Pesefea, Silvera, Cooper
LB: Robertson, Kyle Soelle, Connor Soelle
CB: Davis, Johnson
S: Edmonds, Bethley
- Defensive backs Ro Torrence, Keon Markham and Kejuan Markham are all in street clothes on the sideline. They were listed as game-time decisions, but will not play tonight. Jordan Clark will play. Omarr Norman-Lott joins them as out. Zeek Freeman is also out. Ed Woods was previously ruled out earlier in the week.
With Zeek Freeman out, who do you think will be the target on the first deep ball? Charles Hall IV? Gio Sanders? Elijah Badger?— Kevin Redfern (@KevinMRedfern13) September 25, 2022